Skip to content
- Country Name: Vietnam
- Continent: Asia
- Primary Language: Vietnamese
- Population: 95,545,962 (2018, United Nations)
- Currency: đồng (VND)
- GDP: 245.214 billion (2018, World Bank)
24 Vietnam Facts for Kids
- Vietnam is a country on the Asian continent (Asia).
- The official name for Vietnam is the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
- A native or resident of Vietnam is called Vietnamese.
- The primary language spoken in Vietnam is Vietnamese.
- The capital city of Vietnam is Hanoi.
- The population of Vietnam is 95,545,962 based on the United Nations estimates in 2018.
- According to estimates by the United Nations in 2019, Vietnam was the 15th most populated country in the world.
- Vietnam has a population of an estimated 85.7% Vietnamese ethnicity.
- The national currency of Vietnam is đồng (VND).
- In 2018, the World Bank estimated the GDP of Vietnam was 245.214 billion USD.
- According to estimates by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Vietnam was 32nd on the list of countries with the highest GDP (PPP) in 2019.
- The country of Vietnam covers 127,882 square miles.
- Vietnam is the 67th largest country by square miles.
- The largest city in Vietnam is Ho Chi Minh City.
- The highest point in Vietnam is Fansipan mountain at 10,312 feet.
- The longest river in Vietnam is the Đồng Nai River at 364 miles long.
- The largest lake in Vietnam is Ba Bể Lake at 2.5 square miles.
- The government of Vietnam is a Unitary Marxist-Leninst one-party socialist republic.
- Vietnam is divided into 58 provinces and five municipalities.
- Drivers in Vietnam drive on the right side of the road.
- The country calling code for Vietnam is +84.
- The ISO 3166 code for Vietnam is VN.
- The national anthem of Vietnam is “Tiến Quân Ca” or “Army March” in English.
- It’s estimated that 73.2% of the people living in Vietnam do not believe in god.
Find More Facts About Vietnam