Skip to content
Ecuador Facts for Kids
- Country Name: Ecuador
- Continent: South America
- Primary Language: Spanish
- Population: 17,300,000 (2018 estimate)
- Currency: United States dollar (USD)
- GDP: 108.398 billion (2018, World Bank)
26 Ecuador Facts for Kids
- Ecuador is a country on the continent of South America.
- The official name for Ecuador is the Republic of Ecuador.
- A native or resident of Ecuador is called Ecuadorian.
- The primary language of Ecuador is Spanish.
- The capital city of Ecuador is Quito.
- The population of Ecuador was 17,300,000 based on 2018 estimates.
- According to estimates by the United Nations in 2019, Ecuador was the 67th most populated country in the world.
- The national currency of Ecuador is the United States dollar (USD).
- In 2018, the World Bank estimated the GDP of Ecuador was 108.398 billion USD.
- According to estimates by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Ecuador was 66th on the list of countries with the highest GDP (PPP) in 2019.
- The country of Ecuador covers 109,483 square miles.
- Ecuador is the 75th largest country by square miles.
- The largest city in Ecuador is Quito.
- Quito in Ecuador is the second-highest capital city in the world at an elevation of 9,350 feet.
- The highest point in Ecuador is the summit of Chimborazo at 20,549 feet.
- The longest river in Ecuador is the Napo River at 700 miles long.
- The largest lake in Ecuador is Cuicocha Lake.
- The Cuicocha Lake in Ecuador is a crater lake that formed 3,100 years ago at the bottom of Cotacachi Volcano.
- The government of Ecuador is a unitary presidential constitutional republic.
- The country of Ecuador is divided into 24 provinces.
- Drivers in Ecuador drive on the right side of the road.
- The country calling code for Ecuador is +593.
- The ISO 3166 code for Ecuador is EC.
- The national anthem of Ecuador is called “¡Salve, Oh Patria!” or “We Salute You, Our Homeland” in English.
- The motto of Ecuador is “Dios, patria y libertad” or “God, homeland and freedom” in English.
- According to a 2010 census by Ecuador, 84.4% of the population is Christian.
Find More Facts About Ecuador