Argentina Facts for Kids
- Country Name: Argentina
- Continent: South America
- Primary Language: Spanish
- Population: 40,117,096 (2010 Census)
- Currency: Peso (ARS)
- GDP: $519.871 billion (2018, World Bank)
25 Argentina Facts for Kids
- Argentina is a country on the South American continent.
- The official name for Argentina is the Argentine Republic.
- A native or resident of Argentina is called an Argentine.
- Natives or residents of Argentina are also known as Argentineans or Argentinians.
- The primary language spoken in Argentina is Spanish.
- The capital city of Argentina is Buenos Aires.
- The population of Argentina is 40,117,096 according to a 2010 census.
- According to estimates by the United Nations in 2019, Argentina was the 31st most populated country in the world.
- Argentina has a population of an estimated 62.5% Italian ethnicity.
- The national currency of Argentina is Pesos (ARS).
- In 2018, the World Bank estimated the GDP of Argentina was $519.871 billion USD.
- According to estimates by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Argentina was 28th on the list of countries with the highest GDP (PPP) in 2019.
- The country of Argentina covers 1,073,500 square miles.
- Argentina is the eighth largest country by square miles.
- The largest city in Argentina is Buenos Aires.
- The highest point in Argentina is the Aconcagua mountain at 22,837 feet (6,960.8 meters).
- The longest river in Argentina is the Paraná River at 2,920 miles.
- The largest lake in Argentina is Lake Buenos Aires or General Carrera Lake at 710 square miles.
- The government of Argentina is a federal constitutional republic and representative democracy.
- Argentina is divided into 23 provinces and one autonomous city.
- Drivers in Argentina drive on the right side of the road.
- The country calling code for Argentina is +54.
- The ISO 3166 code for Argentina is AR.
- The national anthem of Argentina is called “Himno Nacional Argentino”.
- It’s estimated that 62.9% of the people living in Argentina are Roman Catholic.
A picture of a physical map of Argentina.
A picture of the Buenos Aires skyline.
Credit: Dave / flickr
A picture of a group of Argentinian kids.
Credit: COL LIVE
Find More Facts About Argentina
- Argentina – Nat Geo Kids – Discover more amazing Argentina facts for kids on the National Geographic for Kids website.
- Argentina – CIA World Factbook – Find more facts about Argentina on the CIA World Factbook website.
- Argentina – Wikipedia – Explore the Wikipedia website to learn more about Argentina.