Skip to content
Iran Facts for Kids
- Country Name: Iran
- Continent: Asia
- Primary Language: Persian
- Population: 83,183,741 (2019 estimate)
- Currency: Rial (IRR)
- GDP: 454.013 billion (2018, World Bank)
22 Iran Facts for Kids
- Iran is a country on the continent of Asia.
- The official name for Iran is the Islamic Republic of Iran, it is sometimes called Persia.
- A native or resident of Iran is called an Iranian.
- The primary language spoken in Iran is Persian.
- The capital city of Iran is Tehran.
- The population of Iran was 83,183,741 based on 2019 estimates.
- According to estimates by the United Nations in 2019, Iran was the 19th most populated country in the world.
- The national currency of Iran is the Rial (IRR).
- In 2018, the World Bank estimated the GDP of Iran was 454.013 billion USD.
- According to estimates by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Iran was 18th on the list of countries with the highest GDP (PPP) in 2019.
- The country of Iran covers 636,372 square miles.
- Iran is the 17th largest country by square miles.
- The largest city in Iran is Tehran.
- The highest point in Iran is Mount Damavand at 18,406 feet.
- The longest river in Iran is the Karun River at 590 miles long.
- The largest lake in Iran is Lake Urmia at 2,000 square miles.
- Iran is divided into 31 provinces.
- Drivers in Iran drive on the right side of the road.
- The country calling code for Iran is +98.
- The ISO 3166 code for Iran is IR.
- The national anthem of Iran is called “National Anthem of the Islamic Republic of Iran”.
- It’s estimated that 99.4% of the people living in Iran are Muslim.
Find More Facts About Iran