Skip to content
- Country Name: France
- Continent: Europe
- Capital City: Paris
- Primary Language: French
- Population: 66.99 million (2019)
- Currency: Euro – € (EUR)
- GDP: $2.7 trillion (2018)
18 France Facts for Kids
- France is a country in Europe.
- The primary language spoken in France is French.
- A native or resident of France is called French.
- The capital city of France is Paris.
- In 2019, the population of France was estimated to be 66.99 million.
- The national currency of France is the Euro (EUR).
- In 2018, the World Bank estimated the GDP for France was $2.7 trillion.
- France covers 247,368 square miles.
- France is the largest country in the European Union (“EU”).
- The largest city in France is Paris.
- The government in France is a Unitary semi-presidential republic.
- The country calling code for France is +33.
- In France, cars are driven on the right side.
- The Louvre Museum in Paris, France is the most visited museum in the world.
- The Mona Lisa, a famous painting by Leonardo da Vinci, is a permanent exhibit at the Louvre Museum.
- Due to the geometrical shape of France it’s called L’Hexagone (“the hexagon”).
- It is estimated over 82 million people visit France annually, making it the most popular tourist destination.
- There are over 400 different kinds of cheese that are made in France.
More Facts About France