Skip to content
- Country Name: Morocco
- Continent: Africa
- Primary Language: Arabic (Darija)
- Population: 33,848,242 (2014 Census)
- Currency: Moroccan dirham (MAD)
- GDP: 117.921 billion (2018, World Bank)
23 Morocco Facts for Kids
- Morocco is a country on the African continent (Africa).
- The official name for Morocco is Kingdom of Morocco.
- A native or resident of Morocco is called a Moroccan.
- The primary language spoken in Morocco is Arabic (Darija).
- The capital city of Morocco is Rabat.
- The population of Morocco is 33,848,242 according to a 2014 census.
- According to estimates by the United Nations in 2019, Morocco was the 40th most populated country in the world.
- Morocco has a population of an estimated 99% Arab-Berber ethnicity.
- The national currency of Morocco is Moroccan dirham (MAD).
- In 2018, the World Bank estimated the GDP of Morocco was 117.921 billion USD.
- According to estimates by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Morocco was 54th on the list of countries with the highest GDP (PPP) in 2019.
- The country of Morocco covers 172,414 square miles.
- Morocco is the 57th largest country by square miles.
- The largest city in Morocco is Casablanca.
- The highest point in Morocco is the Toubkal mountain at 13,665 feet.
- The longest river in Morocco is the Draa River at 2,588 miles long.
- The government of Morocco is a Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy.
- Morocco is divided into 16 regions.
- Drivers in Morocco drive on the right side of the road.
- The country calling code for Morocco is +212.
- The ISO 3166 code for Morocco is MA.
- The national anthem of Morocco is translated as “Cherifian Anthem” in english.
- It’s estimated that 98.9% of the people living in Morocco are Muslim.
Find More Facts About Morocco