Skip to content
- Country Name: Greece
- Continent: Europe
- Primary Language: Greek
- Population: 10,816,286 (2011 Census)
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
- GDP: 218.032 billion (2018, World Bank)
22 Greece Facts for Kids
- Greece is a country on the European continent (Europe).
- The official name of Greece is Hellenic Republic.
- A native or resident of Greece is called a Greek.
- The primary language spoken in Greece is Greek.
- The capital city of Greece is Athens.
- The population of Greece is 10,816,286 according to a 2011 census.
- According to estimates by the United Nations in 2019, Greece was the 87th most populated country in the world.
- The national currency of Greece is Euro (EUR).
- In 2018, the World Bank estimated the GDP of Greece was 218.032 billion USD.
- According to estimates by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Greece was 55th on the list of countries with the highest GDP (PPP) in 2019.
- The country of Greece covers 50,949 square miles.
- Greece is the 95th largest country by square miles.
- The largest city in Greece is Athens.
- The highest point in Greece is Mount Olympus at 9,573 feet.
- The longest river in Greece is the Haliacmon River at 185 miles long.
- The government of Greece is a Unitary parliamentary republic.
- Greece is divided into 13 regions.
- Drivers in Greece drive on the right side of the road.
- The country calling code for Greece is +30.
- The ISO 3166 code for Greece is GR.
- The national anthem of Greece is called “Ὕμνος εἰς τὴν Ἐλευθερίαν” translated as “Hymn to Liberty” or “Hymn to Freedom”.
- It’s estimated that 90% of the people living in Greece are Eastern Orthodoxy (Christians).
Find More Facts About Greece