Skip to content
- Country Name: Israel
- Continent: Asia
- Capital City: Jerusalem
- Primary Language: Hebrew
- Population: 7,412,200 (2008 Census)
- Currency: Israeli Shekel (ILS)
- GDP: $350.9 billion USD (2017, World Bank)
18 Israel Facts for Kids
- Israel is a country on the Asian continent (Asia).
- Israel is also referred to as the State of Israel.
- A native or resident of Israel is called an Israelis.
- The primary language spoken in Israel is Hebrew.
- The capital city of Israel is Jerusalem (disputed by other countries).
- The population of Israel was 7,412,200 according to a 2008 census.
- According to the estimates by the United Nations in 2019, Israel is the 101st most populated country in the world.
- The national currency of Israel is the Israeli Shekel (ILS).
- In 2017, the World Bank estimated the GDP of Israel was $350.9 billion USD.
- According to estimates by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Israel was 51st on the list of countries with the highest GDP (PPP) in 2018.
- The government of Israel is a unitary parliamentary republic.
- The country of Israel covers between 8,019 and 8,522 square miles.
- Israel is the 150th largest size country by square miles.
- Cars in Israel are driven on the right size of the road.
- The country calling code for Israel is +972.
- The ISO 3166 code for Israel is IL.
- Israel became an independent country in 1948 after the British control over the Palestine Mandate ended.
- The seven-day war was fought by Israel against Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon.
Find More Facts About Israel