Skip to content
- Country Name: Canada
- Continent: North America
- Capital City: Ottawa
- Primary Language: English and French
- Population: 35,151,728 (2016 Census)
- Currency: Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- GDP: $1.653 trillion (2017, World Bank)
12 Canada Facts for Kids
- Canada is a country on the North American Continent.
- A native of Canada is called a Canadian.
- The two primary languages spoken in Canada are English and French.
- The capital city of Canada is Ottawa.
- The 2016 Canada census put the population at 35,151,728.
- The national currency in Canada is the Canadian dollar (CAD).
- In 2017, the World Bank estimated the GDP for Canada was $1.653 trillion.
- In 2018, the IMF estimated that Canada had the 15th highest GDP (PPP) in the world.
- The government in Canada is a Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy.
- Canada declared independence from the United Kingdom on July 1st, 1867.
- The country of Canada covers over 3.8 million square miles.
- The highest point in Canada is Mount Logan at 19,551 feet (5,959 meters).
Find More Facts About Canada