Skip to content
- Country Name: Spain
- Continent: Europe
- Capital City: Madrid
- Primary Language: Spanish
- Population: 44.66 million (2018)
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
- GDP: $1.311 trillion USD (2017, World Bank)
24 Spain Facts for Kids
- Spain is a country on the European continent (Europe).
- A native or resident of Spain is called a Spaniard.
- The primary language spoken in Spain is Spanish.
- The capital city of Spain is Madrid.
- The population of Spain was estimated to be 44.66 million in 2018.
- According to the estimates by the United Nations in 2019, Spain is the 30th most populated country in the world.
- The national currency of Spain is the Euro (EUR)
- In 2017, the World Bank estimated the GDP of Spain was $1.311 trillion USD.
- According to estimates by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Spain was 15th on the list of countries with the highest GDP (PPP) in 2018.
- The government of Spain is a unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy.
- The country of Spain covers 195,360 square miles.
- Spain is the 51st largest size country by square miles.
- Cars in Spain are driven on the right side of the road.
- The country calling code for Spain is +34.
- The ISO 3166 code for Spain is ES.
- Madrid, the capital of Spain, is the largest city.
- The second largest city in Spain is Barcelona.
- Spain borders two countries, France and Portugal.
- A mountain range called Pyrenees separates Spain and France.
- The official name for Spain is the Kingdom of Spain.
- The Spanish Civil War in the 1930s was very brutal and more than 500,000 Spaniards lost their lives.
- Spain became a member of the European Union in 1986.
- The most popular religion in Spain is Roman Catholic.
- The highest point in Spain is around 12,000 feet, which is the peak of Mount Teide.
Find More Facts About Spain