- Country Name: Thailand
- Continent: Asia
- Capital City: Bangkok
- Primary Language: Thai
- Population: 64,785,909 (2010 Census)
- Currency: Baht (THB)
- GDP: $455.2 billion USD (2017, World Bank)
18 Thailand Facts for Kids
- Thailand is a country on the Asian continent (Asia).
- A native or resident of Thailand is called a Thai.
- The primary language spoken in the Thailand is Thai.
- The capital city of Thailand is Bangkok.
- The population of Thailand was 64,785,909 according to a 2010 census.
- According to the estimates by the United Nations in 2019, Thailand is the 20th most populated country in the world.
- The national currency of Thailand is the Baht (THB).
- In 2017, the World Bank estimated the GDP of Thailand was $455.2 billion USD.
- According to estimates by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Thailand was 20th on the list of countries with the highest GDP (PPP) in 2018.
- The government of Thailand is a unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy.
- The country of Thailand covers 198,120 square miles.
- Thailand is the 50th largest size country by square miles.
- Cars in Thailand are driven on the left side of the road.
- The country calling code for Thailand is +66.
- The ISO 3166 code for Thailand is TH.
- Thailand has over 1,400 islands.
- It's estimated that 90% of the people living in Thailand are Buddhists.
- Thailand sees rain almost daily between May and September.
Find More Facts About Thailand