- Country Name: India
- Continent: Asia
- Capital City: New Delhi
- Primary Language: Indo-Aryan and Dravidian
- Population: 1.339 billion (2017)
- Currency: Rupee - ₹ (INR)
- GDP: $2.7 trillion (2018)
14 India Facts for Kids
- India is a country in Asia.
- The official name for India is the Republic of India.
- The two primary languages spoken in India are Indo-Aryan and Dravidian.
- A native or resident of India is called Indian.
- The capital of city of India is New Delhi.
- In 2017, the population of India was estimated to be 1.339 billion.
- The national currency in India is the Indian rupee (INR).
- In 2018, the World Bank estimated the GDP for India was $2.7 trillion.
- India covers 1,269,219 square miles.
- India is the 17th largest country in the world by square miles.
- The largest city in India is Mumbai.
- The government in India is a Federal parliamentary constitutional republic.
- The country calling code for India is +91.
- In India, cars are driven on the left side.
More Facts About India