- Country Name: Germany
- Continent: Europe
- Capital City: Berlin
- Primary Language: German
- Population: 82.79 million (2018)
- Currency: Euro - € (EUR)
- GDP: $3.9 trillion (2018)
17 Germany Facts for Kids
- Germany is a country in Europe.
- The primary language spoken in Germany is German.
- A native or resident of Germany is called German.
- The capital of city of Germany is Berlin.
- In 2018, the population of Germany was estimated to be 82.79 million.
- The national currency in Germany is the Euro (EUR).
- In 2018, the World Bank estimated the GDP for Germany was $3.9 trillion.
- Germany covers 137,988 square miles.
- The largest city in Germany is Berlin.
- Berlin is nine times bigger than Paris, France.
- The government in Germany is a Federal parliamentary republic.
- The country calling code for Germany is +49.
- In Germany, cars are driven on the right side.
- Germany, and the Nazi party are infamously known for being the antagonists in World War 2.
- One-third of Germany is undeveloped and remains forested.
- One-third of Germany is powered by renewable energy.
- In 1916, Germany was the first country to adopt daylight savings time.
More Facts About Germany