- Country Name: Brazil
- Continent: South America
- Capital City: Brasília
- Primary Language: Portuguese
- Population: 209.3 million (2019)
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL)
- GDP: $2.056 trillion USD (2017, World Bank)
19 Brazil Facts for Kids
- Brazil is a country on the South American continent (South America).
- A native or resident of Brazil is called a Brazilian.
- The primary language spoken in Brazil is Portuguese.
- The capital city of Brazil is Brasília.
- The population of Brazil was estimated to be 209.3 million in 2019.
- According to the estimates by the United Nations in 2019, Brazil is the 6th most populated country in the world.
- The national currency of Brazil is the Brazilian Real (BRL).
- In 2017, the World Bank estimated the GDP of Brazil was $2.056 trillion USD.
- According to estimates by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Brazil was 8th on the list of countries with the highest GDP (PPP) in 2018.
- The government of Brazil is a federal presidential constitutional republic.
- The country of Brazil covers 3,287,956 square miles.
- Brazil is the 5th largest size country by square miles.
- Drivers in Brazil drive on the right side of the road.
- The country calling code for Brazil is +55.
- The ISO 3166 code for Brazil is BR.
- The largest rainforest in the world is in Brazil.
- The northern part of Brazil is home to the Amazon River and the jungles surrounding it.
- Brazil is home to the largest variety of animals, fish and insects. No other country has more of a variety.
- Brazilians are some of the best soccer players. Brazil has won the FIFA World Cup more than any other country.
Find More Facts About Brazil