- Country Name: Australia
- Continent: Australia
- Capital City: Canberra
- Primary Language: Enlish
- Population: 23,401,892 (2016 Census)
- Currency: Australian dollar (CAD)
- GDP: $1.323 trillion USD (2017, World Bank)
20 Australia Facts for Kids
- Australia is a country on the Australian continent (Australia).
- A native or resident of Australia is called an Australian or Aussie.
- The primary language spoken in Australia is English.
- The capital city of Australia is Canberra.
- The population of Australia was 23,401,892 according to a 2016 census.
- According to the estimates by the United Nations in 2019, Australia is the 55th most populated country in the world.
- The national currency of Australia is the Australian dollar (CAD).
- In 2017, the World Bank estimated the GDP of Australia was $1.323 trillion USD.
- According to estimates by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Australia was 21st on the list of countries with the highest GDP (PPP) in 2018.
- The government of Australia is a federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy.
- The country of Australia covers 2,969,907 square miles.
- Australia is the 6th largest size country by square miles.
- Drivers in Australia drive on the left side of the road.
- The country calling code for Australia is +61.
- The ISO 3166 code for Australia is AU.
- Australia is divided into six states and two self-governing territories.
- Australia is home to the Great Barrier Reefs, the largest coral reef in the world.
- Australia exports more coal than any other country in the world.
- Mount Kosciuszko is the highest mountain in Australia and has a peak height of 7,310 feet.
- Two-thirds of the Australia are considered the outback. This outback is the interior of Australia.
Find More Facts About Australia