- Name: Elvis Presley
- Profession: Actor, Singer and Musician
- Born: January 8th, 1935 in Tupelo, Mississippi, United States
- Died: August 16th, 1977 in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
- Resting Place: Graceland Mansion Estates
- Legacy: Famous for being known as the king of rock and roll
28 Elvis Presley Facts for Kids
- Elvis Presley was a famous actor, singer and musician during the mid-20th century.
- Elvis Presley is most famous for being the King of Rock and Roll.
- Elvis Presley was born on January 8th, 1935 in Tupelo, Mississippi, United States.
- Elvis Presley’s legal birthname was Elvis Aaron Presley.
- Elvis Presley was the son of Vernon and Gladys Love Presley.
- Elvis Presley was the only child of Vernon and Gladys. Elvis did have an identical twin brother; however, he was stillborn when delivered by Gladys.
- Elvis Presley married Priscilla Ann Wagner on May 1st, 1967 in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States.
- Elvis and Priscilla had one child together, a daughter named Lisa Marie Presley.
- Elvis Presley and Priscilla Ann Presley were legally divorced on October 9th, 1973.
- Elvis Presley died of cardiac arrest at the age of 42 on August 16th, 1977 in Memphis, Tennessee, United States.
- In October 1945, Presley gave his first public performance at the Mississippi-Alabama Fair and Dairy Show.
- In early 1946, Presley was given his first guitar as a present for his 11th birthday.
- In 1948, Presley and his parents move to Memphis, Tennessee.
- In August 1953, Presley records his first songs (“My Happiness” and “That’s When Your Heartaches Begin”) at Sun Records. Producer Sam Phillips notices Presley and asked his receptionist to record the singers name.
- In July 1954, Presley releases his debut single “That’s All Right” with Sun Records.
- In March 1956, Presley releases his debut album “Elvis Presley” with RCA Victor.
- In November 1956, Presley appeared in his movie debut in “Love Me Tender” with 20th Century Fox.
- In March 1957, Presley buys the famous 14 acre estate Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee.
- In December 1958, Presley was drafted into the United States Army.
- In September 1959, Presley meets his future wife Priscilla in Germany while serving in the U.S. Army.
- Between 1958 and 1960, Presley served in the United States Army. He served overseas in West Germany and the highest ranked he reached was Sergeant.
- In March 1960, Presley releases his first album after leaving the U.S. Army titled “Elvis is Back!”.
- In December 1968, Presley appears on the NBC television program titled “Elvis”.
- In July 1969, Presley starts his 57 live show engagement with the International Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- In December 1970, Presley meets then U.S. President Richard Nixon at the White House.
- In June 1972, Presley sells out four live concert performances at the Madison Square Garden.
- In January 1973, Presley telecasts a television show that reaches more than one billion people in Hawaii.
- On June 26th, 1977, Presley performed in his last live concert before his death in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Pictures of Elvis Presley
A picture of the birthplace of Elvis Presley in Tupleo, Mississippi.
A picture of Elvis Presley signing autographs for a few of his fans.
A picture of Elvis Presley in a promotional picture for Jailhouse Rock.
Additional Resources on Elvis Presley
- About Elvis Presley – Find more information on Elvis Presley on the Graceland website.
- Biography of Elvis Presley – Read the biography of Elvis Presley on the Biography website.
- Timeline of Elvis Presley – View a timeline of the life of Elvis Presley on the Every Hit website.
- Elvis Presley – Wikipedia – Discover more facts and information about Elvis Presley on the Wikipedia website.