- The Velociraptor was discovered in 1923 by Peter Kaisen in Outer Mongolian Gobi Desert.
- The name Velociraptor means: Quick Plunderer or Rapid Robber.
- The name Velociraptor is pronounced: "veh-loss-ih-RAP-tor".
- The Velociraptor was part of a group of dinosaurs known as theropod.
- They lived during the Upper Cretaceous period about 71 to 75 million years ago.
- Estimates put the weight of a Velociraptor between 33 to 43 pounds.
- Estimates put the length of a Velociraptor up to 6.8 feet.
- Estimates put the top running speed of a Velociraptor up to 40 mph.
- The Velociraptor was a carnivorous predator who ate meat.
Students and educators are free to reuse the above Velociraptor facts for kids, for non-commercial purposes. You must link back to this web page from where you publish it. If you're going to use the information on printed material (quiz, assignment, etc.), you must properly cite this web page.